Melbourne boasts of numerous attractions that are absolutely free and do not hurt your pocket. We have compiled a list of top free attractions in Melbourne:
1. The National Gallery of Victoria – For all art and history lovers this is Australia’s premiere gallery. It boasts thousands of collections from all over the world. This gallery/museum is absolutely free and one day is not enough to see everything that they have to offer.
2. Hosier Lane – Melburnians love their art and their graffiti and Hosier Lane showcases the best of these graffiti and street art. This is one of the best place in Melbourne to get a really cool background for you Instagram and Facebook posts. Hosier Lane is about 2 minute walk from Federation Square and Flinders Station
3. The Royal Botanic Gardens – this beautiful garden lies in the heart of Melbourne CBD. This place is truly magical boasting thousands of plants and flowers. Absolutely a good place for a picnic, afternoon stroll or a run
4. Shrine of Remembrance – this magnificent architecture is just off St Kilda Rd, was built as dedication to the men and women who lost their lives in WWI. The view from the top of this pyramid looking building is amazing.
5. St Kilda Beach – 15 minutes by tram from Melbourne CBD, St Kilda Beach offers a wide array of café and restaurants. Tourists will surely enjoy dining and walking around this area.