Reservations & Payment
- Bookings can be made online via the Waterfront Melbourne Apartments website. Alternatively guests can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61396298877.
- Bookings are subject to availability. Rates are based upon your length of stay and date of stay. If you alter your arrival or departure dates,your booking status and rates are subject to change accordingly.
- Waterfront Melbourne Apartments practices dynamic pricing wherein rates may change depending on various factors e.g. room availability, seasonality etc. However once a reservation has been made, the rate for that booking is guaranteed. Request for rate change or further discounts will not be entertained.
- Guests must be 18 years of age or older to make a reservation and stay at the apartment.
- For short term accommodation (1 to 27 nights) that is NOT advance purchase a deposit equal to the amount of 1 night is required to secure the booking.
- For short term accommodation (1 to 27 nights) that is ADVANCE PURCHASE or NON REFUNDABLE the full amount is required at the time of reservation.
- For long term accommodation (28+ nights) a deposit equal to the amount of 7 nights or 14 nights (depending on the agreement) is required to secure the booking.
- Deposit is non-refundable if the booking is cancelled less than 2-7 working days prior to arrival (depending on when the booking was made). Payment of the apartment deposit constitutes the clients acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Balance of the rental amount must be received in full 7 days prior to occupancy. If a credit card is provided for the deposit then we will attempt to take the final balance from this credit card when it is due. If you do not wish for this to occur please advise Waterfront Melbourne at least 14 days prior to your arrival. If full payment is not received the company has the right to cancel the booking.
- We accept Visa, Master and American Express Card.
AMENDMENT AND CANCELLATION
- All bookings have a minimum night’s stay. Generally, a minimum of 3 nights apply except during peak dates where a minimum of 4 nights may be is required. Amendments will not be allowed if it is less than the minimum nights required.
- Changes of date and cut short of stays are subject to the approval of Waterfront Apartments Melbourne Management. The management reserves the right to cancel the booking with the corresponding cancellation fee stated below if the booking is less than the minimum nights required.
- Starting the 1st April 2020, bookings under semi flexible rate and for stay between 01 April 2020 to 30 June 2021 will have free cancellation provided the reservation is cancelled more than 2 days before arrival. Booking cancellation made within 2 days of check in date will result in the forfeiture of the entire amount paid.
- From 01 July 2021 onward, booking cancellation for semi flexible rate reservation incurs an administrative fee per apartment booked.Refund will be made into your credit card account less $35 cancellation fee for bookings cancelled over 7 working days of arrival date.Booking cancellation made within 7 days of check in date will result in the forfeiture of the entire amount paid. Exemptions are made for special event period where the cancellation notice required may be 14 days.
- All bookings made prior to the 1st of April 2020 the cancellation policy at the time of the booking applies: booking cancellation for semi flexible reservation incurs an administrative fee per apartment booked. Refund will be made into your credit card account less $35 cancellation fee for bookings cancelled over 7 working days of arrival date. Booking cancellation made within 7 days of check in date will result in the forfeiture of the entire amount paid. NO cancellations are allowed for NON REFUNDABLE bookings. Amendments/Cut short of stays and change of dates are strictly not allowed for non refundable bookings.
- Bookings made via online travel agents such as Booking.com, Wotif, Expedia and the likes may have a different cancellation policy. As part of our agreement with these travel companies we will adhere to the policies that were indicated in the booking screen of these websites at the time the reservation was made by the guest
- Non refundable reservations made through Booking.com and Expedia.com will result in the deduction of the entire amount at the time of reservation. Strictly no refund will be made to guest if booking is cancelled. Change of dates and any other amendments are not allowed.
- Semi flexible reservation or booking with special conditions made through Booking.com will result in the deduction of 1 night deposit at the time of reservation. Cancellation made more than 7 working days before check in will result in the forfeiture of this deposit. Cancellation made with 7 working days before check in will result in a charge of the total booking amount.
- If cancellation is caused by Waterfront Melbourne due to unforeseen circumstances, all money paid to date is refundable and will be refunded via the method paid within 7 days of cancellation notification. The manager will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However the manager reserves the right to make alterations/cancellations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances.
- All cancellations need to be in writing. Voice messages or verbal cancellations won’t be accepted unless we have received an email from you confirming it.
- Standard check in time is 2PM.
- Please note Waterfront Melbourne has an office in Flinders Wharf building. Guests must proceed to the office for the check in on arrival. Office is located at the corner of the Flinders Wharf building (17B Siddeley Street, next to the Ezy convenience store).
- Guests must inform the property of their expected arrival time or their flight details 2 days before check in. Office/reception hours are from 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday. Reception is close on weekends and public holidays. Special check in arrangement must be made if guest is arriving outside of reception hours. Guests are required to have a swipe access card to enter our property.
- On check in the credit card used to pay for the reservation must be presented together with a valid ID of all guests. The authorised signatory for the credit card used to pay the booking must be the registered guest.
- Guests are required to have a swipe access card to enter our property. Guest is advised to inform property of their expected arrival time or their flight details a couple of days before check in date.
- A pre-authorisation transaction between AUD300.00 to AUD500.00 per apartment booked (depending on type of apartment booked) will be processed to the credit card and will be held as a security bond. Guests who are unable to meet the check-in requirements will not be granted access to our apartments.
- Check-out time is 10AM.
- Late check-out is not guaranteed and it is subject to availability.
- A late check out fee of AUD100 is applicable for late check-out after 11am. Late check outs have to be pre-arranged and approved.
- Guests should leave the keys at the office. If guest is checking out outside of office hours, keys must be left in the express check out box. Guests must leave the apartment in a reasonable condition. No cleaning is required by the guest. Extra cleaning fee will be charged for apartments that are left too messy or carelessly dirty. Damage to any furniture, appliance or equipment will also be charged to the guest.
Conditions of Stay
- Guests who are arriving early or have a late flight upon departure are welcome to store bags in our office. The drop off and pick up of bags MUST be between office hours only.
- All apartments are self-contained. Housekeeping service is done on a weekly basis and is only applicable for stays of 7 days or more. Additional servicing is available on request and an additional charge will apply.
- Only 2 sets of keys will be given to guests regardless of the number of persons staying in the apartment. For 3 bedroom apartments a 3rd key might be possible (subject to availability).
- Number of guests should not exceed the number stated on the booking confirmation. Guests will be evicted if caught to have exceeded the number of people stated in the confirmation.
- Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited. The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. This rate does not allow for the extra costs associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this will result in loss of your bond and/or additional payments. Full loss of rent and eviction costs will apply.
- Any damage, breakage and loss of items in the apartment will be charged to the guests accordingly.
- Disturbance to our neighbors, including excessive noise, is strictly prohibited and will result in termination of rental and loss of bond.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Management takes no responsibility for the guests’ personal property.
- All Apartments are NON SMOKING.
- If 1 bedroom is booked and the second bed is used then the “2 bedroom tariff” will apply for the duration of stay.
- Furniture, fixtures & fittings are not to be altered or moved between rooms.
- Waterfront Melbourne Apartments reserves the right to debit your credit card or request payment in full for any outstanding charges that apply to your booking. This includes extra cleaning, rubbish removal, additional guests, extended stays, late check-outs, extra bedrooms occupied, smoking penalties, lost keys and swipes, repairs or damage to the property (in the apartment and/or common area of the building).
- Should the smoke alarm at your apartment be activated by mistake during your stay (e.g. by cooking or the use of candles), you will take full responsibility for all costs incurred by the Melbourne Fire Brigade if they are called to attend.
- You must not participate in any illegal activity at our apartments at any time and we reserve the right to terminate your booking without refund of rent and security bond if you do so.
- You must not assign or sub-let the whole or any part of the premises without our written consent.
- Violation of any of these terms and conditions will result in eviction and lose of the bond.
Problems/complaints/reporting faulty appliances
- If you need to report a problem at your apartment – for example an appliance does not work – please contact us immediately so we can address this matter for you.
- If you are unhappy with something at your apartment, please let us know while you are staying there so we can address this issue as soon as possible.
- The place of law is Victoria, and the courts of Victoria have exclusive jurisdiction.
- There is a zero tolerance for parties, functions or excessive noise. We ask that you respect the residence and guests inside the building. Number of guests must not exceed the number stated on the booking.
- Guests must wear suitable footwear and appropriate clothing all times, including inside the foyer and lifts. Guests must dry off after using the pool. Strictly no glass objects in the recreational facilities. Children under the age of 15 years must not use these facilities unaccompanied.
- Please note that appearance of clothing and other items apart from outdoor chairs is NOT allowed in the balcony or anywhere that is visible from the outside of the building under the body corporate policy. Please do not leave items such as laundry airers or clothing items in the balcony or wherever visible from the outside.
- Rubbish should be disposed through chutes near lifts on levels 1 -17. Recycling rooms and larger bins can be found on level 1 – 6. To discard, tie rubbish in a plastic bag and place inside chute. Do not leave on the floor of the waste room.
- When using the car parking, stay in your designated parking spot assigned to you by a Waterfront team member. Parking in the wrong spot will result in the towing of the vehicle.
COVID19 Protocol & Procedure
- In the interest of the well-being of our current guests and staff, we regret that we are unable to accommodate guests who have tested positive to COVID-19 or anyone who has been in contact with a COVID-19 confirmed case in the last 14 days at this time.
- In accordance with government guidelines to minimize transmission of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), this property will request additional documentation from guests to validate identity (such as driver's license, passport, credit card used to make the booking), travel itinerary, reason for travel and other relevant information. Failure to produce the required documents will result in the cancellation of the booking.
- Booking is required to use the recreational facilities. Booking can only be made when guests are already check in via the property app (usage of recreational facilities is subject to availability at the time booking is made via the app)
- Maximum of 4 people are allowed in the gym at one time however only 1 person per apartment can book & use at an allocated time
- Maximum of 2 people are allowed in the pool at one time however only 1 person per apartment can book & use at an allocated time (estimate to open on the 15th December however not confirm yet)
- Where a user does not abide by the terms and conditions, further access may be refused for a period of 30 day & fine may apply (to be deduct from incidental bond)
- Amenities are restricted to residents only.
- Social distancing guidelines are to be observed at all times.
- Residents are required to follow allocated booking times.
- Residents are responsible for removal of rubbish and person items.
- Residents must maintain good personal hygiene and refrain from using amenities where they have cold or flu like symptoms.
- Residents must follow all reasonable directions from staff members.
- Gym users must carry a towel and use disinfectant wipes to clean equipment after use.
- Pool users must dry off before leaving the pool area.
- Toilets and Change rooms remain closed at present.
- 1.5 meter social distancing at all times
- Masks to be worn when moving around the area
- All equipment and areas to be wiped with disinfectant upon completion
- The spa, steam room and sauna are not available at this time;
- To prevent possible contamination, the TV remote will not be available and TV will be left on a news channel with sound off and captions on;
- Booking for the gym does not entitle to access to pool, and vice versa;
All information or advice provided as part of this website is intended to be general in nature and you should not rely on it in connection with the making of any decision. Waterfront Melbourne tries to ensure that all information provided as part of this website is correct at the time of inclusion on the website but does not guarantee the accuracy of such information. Waterfront Melbourne is not liable for any action you may take as a result of relying on such information or advice or for any loss or damage (whether caused by negligence or otherwise) suffered by you as a result of you taking this action. We cannot be held responsible for the failure or interruption to power or other services to your apartment for reasons beyond our control. We are not liable for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damage or loss of profits from the use of our apartments or services.
Guests who have made the booking are deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions. In the event of dispute, Waterfront Melbourne Apartments management decision is deemed final.